So..Haven't blogged in awhile, but between being home, on break, spending time with family..I have had no time for anything!! Let alone I have just been pure lazy!
Anyways, I almost have all of my invitations finished for the wedding!!! We decided to make our invitations because it is half the price by using stuff at scrapbook store and printing things off on cardstock at Kinko's! It has been so great, but a lot of work. Basically there is a black shiny big outside envelope, then a white 4 fold envelope closed by a cut-out I used that is in the shape of my flocked damask print and the actual invitation is glued to this white outside envelope...kind of like this picture and the envelope of the back left!
The actual is mounted with two different types of paper behind it too! Then there is an isnert about our website, an insert about the reception, and the response card which is like the envelope of the top left in which we included a sticker to close as shown with the response to be marked on the inside! :) We are really excited and they are almost complete and ready to be mailed out!
If you haven't read my wedding website yet, we are having a mini-destination wedding about 3 hours from where my hubby(tobe) are from at a golf and ski resort in which his parents have a townhouse. So that means we need to plan on sending out the invitations about 5 months in advance if they still want to be able to book rooms after they receive the invitations! (We already sent save-the-dates with a magnet, information about the hotel, and information about our website)
Beyond that I finally ordered my underskirt for my wedding dress :) It will be interesting because I decided on a 6 hoop petticoat that has the ability to remove the rings and comes up a little big higher. The whole problem is that I have no idea what to expect as to how the skirt will fit in the waist because I am pretty petite and more than that how long it will be!? It should be interesting! Furthermore I decided on the hoop skirt, which could be good or bad..many people say they have no problems with it and its not uncomfortable, but then again it just might be a pain! If you have any advice or have heard in anything let me know, but it was half the price of a non-hoop skirt!
Other than that my hubby(tobe) and I are heading up to where we are getting married for NYE tomorrow to spend a little time with his family and brothers family. After that we are headed for FL for a week to spend time with his parents before we head back to school!

No comments:
Post a Comment