Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Windy City!!

Hi All!  So I am finally done with finals!! :)  So exI am so excited and while the semester was long, hard, and probably the worst & best yet..its over!!

So if you don't know my hubby(tobe) already has a job a big accounting firm in Chicago starting next fall and as of the last semester I have been searching for a an externship position in the Chicago area for next year and my last year of my doctorate..

The best news is that..I found one!!!  I just found out for sure last week and I am so excited.  It is located outside the city in Niles, IL, but I am so excited to be able to rest assured that I have a position for next year!!  It is with a private audiology clinic that has other locations around the midwest.

On top of that we started looking for apartments as well just to play around the past week and if you knew my hubby well enough and know that he is a finance/accounting guy you would understand that I am under strict rules on the type of apartment, location, and of course the price!  So we were kind of at odds on what we wanted except for the location which would be between each place of work..around Logan Square..But much to our surprise one of our really close friends mom's offered us her apartment to rent downtown chicago over looking Navy Pier and about 2 minutes from Brandon's office!  We are so excited and decided to except the offer!! :)

Here are a few pictures of the new place and we can't wait to move in..which wont be until August, but now we have to really buckle down and get ready for everything as I said "in the windy city"!


We are so excited for the new apartment..but we are going to have some challeneges being that it is one bedroom one bath, but we can't wait to furnish and pic everything out!!  But we still have already have to start looking so that we can find the cheapest, best options we can...oh the life a new graduate!

Well..if you have any suggestions of places for good furniture or know anyone getting rid of anything let me knoww!  I am about to and get my hair colored for the first time since August! :)

1 comment:

  1. COREY!! this apt is freaking amazing and not to mention gorgeous! Im so happy for you guys! I def plan on visiting you guys!!! I hope all your final went well, im sure you did great! :) have a great christmas and break and I will see you in January! XOXOX Whitney

    ReplyDelete