It is official..while I haven't posted since the beginning of January, we are now coming to the end and thought that I should update on the "New Beginning" my hubs and I have embarked on this past month.
I have officially started and been working almost 2 full weeks at my new placement! I am located in South Bend... yes while B works and lives in Chicago during the week, I live with my parents and work in South Bend at a local ENT office. I know the first year of marriage, 8 months a part, seems crazy, hard, and questionable of whether it is worth it or not - BUT, I am so much happier! I am loving my new placement! My family and my husband have both noted that I look calmer, happier, more content. Honestly, it's true! I was just miserable at my last placement and I have finally found a place that I am comfortable, I am being challenged, I am learning, and I am doing what I truly love to do by helping patient's hear! While this all sounds great, I do have to admit being away from my husband has been more than hard. We both have waited so long to be married, live together by ourselves, and here I go again messing up the plan. I feel terrible for him each night that he has to eat alone, watch TV alone, and sleep alone.. it truly breaks my heart that my career choice/school along with my heart and drive to be the best I can be has put us in this situation. I am so grateful to have a man who truly wants to help me in any way possible to make my dreams and goals come true. If it weren't for his help, his unconditional love, and his heart wanting the best for me I wouldn't be able to take on this new journey and life to meet my own career ambitions. I just cannot thank him, my family, and God enough for the support in this decision and in helping me follow me heart, I am truly so blessed.
In other news though.. B and I are headed up to Crystal Mountain (where we got married) for our 4th Annual Crash and Burn Ski Trip! We are so excited to get together with some of our closest friends for one of my hubs favorite things to do -ski- and in our favorite place to visit -Thompsonville, MI-! For the past three years we have planned a weekend ski trip with our friends up to Michigan and the memories we have made have been some of the best! I can barely hold back all of my excitement for what they weekend has in store and all the good times we are going to have!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! Time to pack for the ski trip... <3
No comments:
Post a Comment