Well it is official..I passed my praxis/board exam to be an Audiologist! That is one more notch on my belt to completing my goals and moving forward, finally being able to get a job/career started! I am so relieved that I don't technically have to study anymore, ever with the exception of continuing education throughout my whole life (HA)! Now I have to look forward to hopefully finding a externship placement, getting through the next 8 months, graduation in May, and finally able to get a job in August right around my birthday! I am so excited and hope that all the hard work I have put into this career and trying to help people will fair well in the future for me and my husband.
B and I have been quite busy that past two weeks. We traveled to South Bend each weekend to celebrate Christmas with B's extended family and then with my family. It was great to see everyone and we had such a great time just being with family. Our Christmas shopping was very slow this year as we struggled on what to get those that we love, we both know that giving our time and our ability in a good relationship is better than gifts, but if you knew my hubs you would know he loves to find the most perfect gift for everyone!
We have also had our first freezing cold days in the city which has led me to invest in a long down coat with a hood, more gloves and bigger scarf's! Not surprising, but I felt that I had to experience for myself first. We are headed to Florida today to spend Christmas with B's parents, brothers, and sister-in-laws. It will be the first time we will all actually have been together other than at two weddings this past year in two years. We are really excited not to be busy with a wedding and actually get to spend some quality time together and of course hopefully enjoy a little bit warmer weather than here in Chi. We just feel so blessed to be able to see almost all of our family during the holidays. It is really special and unique to see both sides and be able to spend a significant amount of time with them. We couldn't ask for a more special first Christmas for the two of us as a married couple.
Other than that we haven't been doing much. We have been working a lot, spending time eating dinner together, and finishing up our Christmas shopping when we can. We just want to wish all you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!! And hope that you are blessed in every way you wished for this holiday season.
No comments:
Post a Comment